Installation Grease Separators "E+S" M
KESSEL Version "E+S" M grease separators are designed according to EN 1825-1 and are equipped with an automated self-cleaning system as well as a pumping disposal system. These separators distinguish themselves through their ease of installation and nearly maintenance free characteristics.
The advantage of the Version "E+S" M separators is that disposal can take place through permanently installed disposal lines while the twin covers of the separator remain closed. With this advantage, the disposal truck can hook up to a connection on an exterior wall of the building so that the pump(s) of the Version "E+S" M separator can pump the separator contents into the waiting disposal truck without any unpleasant odors escaping. After the contents of the separator have been pumped out, the interior of the separator is automatically rinsed and cleaned with warm water in a multi-step process which is manually controlled from the control unit. According to DIN V 4040-2, the complete contents of the separator should be emptied, the unit cleaned and refilled with clean cold water every fourteen days or at a minimum of once every month.
- It is important that a testing or sampling chamber is installed after the outlet side of the separator.
- The separator is installed completely level on a flat and firm surface in a frost free area.
- The height of the room in which the separator is installed should allow easy removal of and access to the two lids. In the case that the outlet of the separator is located below the locally defined backwater level, a lifting station is to be installed according to DIN EN 12056. In situations where the interruption of separator service is not permissible, a lifting station with double pumps is to be installed.
- KESSEL "E+S" separators should be installed in all areas where
odor problems are either undesired or not allowed.
- In cases where the Version "M" separator is installed in an operation producing large amounts of sludge (ie. slaughterhouses / butchers) it is recommended that the separator be equipped with twin pumps - one pump for the disposal of the sludge and the second pump for the disposal of wastewater and separated grease. For more information please contact KESSEL directly.